IIS interaction with GD, ImageMagick, and php libraries
This post has been placed on Xoops and Peak.ne.jp/xoops but no response, so further to a message from Brash I'm slapping it in here too.
This problem relates to my Intranet site at work, not my personnal site. I have used MyAlbum on the site for a while, and it's got about 50 or so pictures on it and it has always worked great. I then updated to Xoops 220.127.116.11, and since then I get errors as described below. Read on and it will all make sense.
I have tried some steps:
Firslty, the problem :
<br /> PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreatefromjpeg() in d:\cms.fct\modules\myalbum\include\functions.php on line 292<br />
and the URL link goes to :
Secondly, my setup
<br /> Windows Server 2003<br /> php 4.3.6 (I think, although it could be 4.3.1)<br /> MySQL 4.0.20<br /> IIS 6<br /> Xoops 18.104.22.168<br /> MyAlbum 2.83<br /> NewBB2<br />
Thirdly, the countermeasures taken to resolve this frustrating problem (other than those described above) :
1) Installed ImageMagick, restrated the web publishing service, and rebooted the server. ImageMagick not detected still by Xoops modules, namely MyAlbum and NewBB2 (I still don't know what path to specify for ImageMagick on a Windows Server?).
2) Having been told to read this post at psychostats.com by Predator (in relation to NewBB) I checked that I had the php_gd2.dll library in my php\extensions folder, which I have. Also, updated this file by downloading the full windows binary from php.net because apparently the standard windows installer does not include it.
3) Edited my php.ini file as follows :
a) Checked the extension_dir path did equaled c:\php\extensions. It did.
b) Removed the ; prior to extension=php_gd2.dll
and re-started the web publishing service again.
No joy. In fact, my Intranet site was then innaccessible and users just got 'Page Cannot Be Displayed' errors after a long wait. Every attempted access resulted in an error message being displayed on the server saying 'Unable to load extension php_gd2.dll' or something similar.
So I turned the php.ini file back to how it was and re-started the web publishing service again. Now I can access the site again (thank the lord) but my orginal problem still persists - MyAlbum still cannot receive new graphics, ImageMagick is not detected by either MyAlbum or NewBB2 (although this may be because I don't know what path to specify in the setup for a windows server).
My questions then are these :
1) Could it be an IIS issue?
2) Do I need to tell IIS to use the library as well as php?
3) If so, how?
4) If it isn't an IIS issue, what else could it be?
5) What path do I specify in the preferences of MyAlbum to get it to use ImageMagick (loads of entries about Apache and Linux paths but none for windows)
Is there anything else that may be causing the problem?
Thanks, as always